“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” - Coco Chanel
Easy hairstyles to try - advice/hair tips
Here’s a list of easy hairstyles I’ve come across that you can try (give this a chance because some of these were on the runway for pre fall 2011 :)
This is more summery however if you want to switch it up instead of wearing a basic braid, I’d definitely suggest wearing a fishtail braid. Not everyone knows how to do it and so you’d get many compliments and looks. Here is an easy tutorial on how to make a fishtail braid.
Double hair knot
This was the hairstyle at Michael Kors s/s 2011 but I’m definitely going to wear it in fall too.
1) Spray hair with sea-salt spray. (If you’d like to buy some, try your drugstore. Bumble & Bumble makes a great sea-salt spray or follow this tutorial to make your own).
2) Scrunch your hair while drying to add texture and waves. It’ll give your hair some volume too.
3) Sweep your bangs (if you have any) into a deep side part
4) Take back two sections of your hair and tie into a knot, and then another knot. Secure with bobby pins.
If you’d like to wear this during the fall or winter, smooth the hair and make it less textured (don’t use sea salt spray). Instead, use a volumizer.
Here are step by step photos on how to achieve this look.
Bird’s nest bun
This is basically a big, messy bun on the top of your hair. You could wear it when going out or during the day. You can also wear it with a cute headband (like Chanel pre-fall 2011).
1) Start with adding mousse to the mid-lengths and the ends of your hair.
2) Blow dry your hair.
3) Put your hair up into a very high ponytail.
4) Start teasing sections of the ponytail with a fine tooth comb creating lots of volume. It’s going to look extremely messy but don’t worry.
5) Brush the ponytail out a little (but not too much as you do not want to get rid of all the volume).
6) Wrap hair around the ponytail.
7) Secure your hair with bobbypins all the way around.
8) Finish with lots of hairspray.
Here’s a tutorial showing you how to do it.
- iamiandiwishiwerent likes this
- cesthelen likes this
- alexanderthequeen likes this
- thatshouldnthavehappened likes this
- barbiehair likes this
- create-ivity likes this
- colourspectrums likes this
- princellsais reblogged this from acceptable
- telltaletrait likes this
- youliveinmorethanoneworld likes this
- peplumprincess likes this
- drinksomebleach likes this
- soyymilk likes this
- aruby likes this
- boredomandfreedom likes this
- c-harientism likes this
- belleconfusion likes this
- pinguinpakken reblogged this from acceptable
- ssships likes this
- bonjourromance reblogged this from acceptable
- eatbehappyandfucksociety likes this
- intheshadowsofyourheart likes this
- hystericalme likes this
- afacade likes this
- no-jokee likes this
- stylesnmalik likes this
- ridingthesassmobile likes this
- lessonsyoutaughtme likes this
- amrandomupdates reblogged this from acceptable
- lhy0105 reblogged this from acceptable
- nghalon likes this
- 5unflower5 likes this
- trustinstoriesandfiction likes this
- aboxfullofsurprises likes this
- royaltulips likes this
- anchoragee likes this
- robbinthehood- likes this
- honey-bees reblogged this from acceptable
- honey-bees likes this
- lairyfights likes this
- bemyfetish likes this
- parkerallison likes this
- modelcult likes this
- nachomanrandysalsa likes this
- luxe-love likes this
- letsgetdrunkandfallinlove reblogged this from acceptable
- mirnah likes this
- h0rr0r-show likes this
- merryp likes this
- acceptable posted this